T’s & C’s Engen Swipe, Earn & Win Competition
IntroductionThe following information outlines the Terms and Conditions of entry into the Engen Swipe, Earn & Win Competition (“competition”) run by Edcon Limited, trading as Thank U Rewards (“Edcon” or “the Promoter”).The Terms and Conditions of the competition are hosted on the Thank U Rewards Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ThankURewards/) and are subject to South African law.Entry into the competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Required Social Media Disclaimer: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
Terms and Conditions
- By entering this promotion/competition entrants agree to abide by the rules and conditions herein.
- This promotion/competition is open to all residents of the Republic of South Africa aged 18 (eighteen) years or older but excludes the employees, directors, members, partners, agents or consultants of Edcon, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, media and PR agencies, as well as the immediate family members, consultants, directors and associates of such organisations and entities.
- To stand a chance to win 1 of 10 iPhone 11 by swiping your Thank U card at any participating Engen service stations between 17 February – 31 March 2020.
- Individuals can enter from anywhere in South Africa, limited to 1 (one) entry per customer only.
- The competition runs from 17 February – 31 March 2020.. Final entries close at midnight on 31 March (CAT time) 2020. Any entry received after the expiry date of the competition period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility will be accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- All entries will be entered into a random draw to select the winners. Winners will be announced on or before 11 April 2020 through a post on the Thank U Rewards Facebook page. If for any reason a winner is ineligible to claim the prize then the prize will be awarded to another winner by random draw.
- Lucky winners will be called on their competition entry win. The winner will be required to submit their full name, contact details, delivery address (not a PO Box number) and South African ID in order for the prize to be delivered to the address provided. Winners have 72hrs to respond. If no response is received after the allocated time, another winner will be selected.
- The prize is non-refundable, non-exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- All prize winners indemnify Edcon against any claim brought against them (or any of their affiliates) in the event of any personal injury or loss suffered as a result of the use of the prize.
- If the competition cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Edcon which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, Edcon reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern these Terms and Conditions and participants agree to be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
- Edcon is the controller of the processing of all personal data collected through this competition. Edcon respects your privacy and complies with applicable privacy laws.
- Edcon only processes personal data that a user voluntarily provides through the competition. This information may include such user’s first and last name, e-mail address, date of birth, address and country of residence. Edcon’ s purpose in gathering and transferring such personal data will be to participate in a promotional campaign.
- The transfer, storage and processing of data collected through the competition is secured by means of current, usual technical measures.
- Edcon will not provide your personal data to any other third parties, unless there is a legal obligation to do so or you have consented thereto.
- This competition is only open to residents of South Africa.
- The prizes on offer are 10 x iPhone 11 Handsets (i.e. one iPhone per winner).
- Multiple swipes between17 February – 31 March 2020 will allow you only one entry.
- Between 17 February – 31 March 2020 you earn double points when you swipe your Thank U card at a participating Engen.
- Standard thank U Terms & Conditions apply and can be viewed at www.thanku.co.za
- Promoter: Edcon Limited, 1 Press Avenue, Crown Mines, Johannesburg, South Africa