Thank U Rewards Programme Terms and Conditions
- The Thank U Rewards Programme is operated by Edcon Limited (“Edcon”) or its foreign subsidiaries in the respective countries.
- The relevant foreign Edcon subsidiaries are Edgars Stores Lesotho (Proprietary) Limited, Edgars Stores (Namibia) Limited, Edgars Stores Swaziland Limited, Jet Supermarkets Zambia Limited and Jet Supermarkets Botswana (Proprietary) Limited. Together with Edcon, they constitute the Edcon Group.
- All the Edcon Group stores, which excludes the Airport CNA franchise stores and Edcon Limitada (Mozambique), participate in the Thank U Rewards Programme (Participating Stores). Participating stores can be added or removed at the Edcon Group’s discretion and the Participating Stores may include third party outlets with which the Edcon Group has concluded relationship agreements (“Third Party Outlets”).
- The Thank U Rewards Programme rewards the Edcon Group customers with points (“Thank U Points”) provided they purchase all-inclusive products at the Participating Stores and present their Thank U Rewards Card at point-of-sale.
- In order for you to earn and redeem your Thank U points at any of the Participating Stores, the Edcon Group shall issue to you a Thank U Rewards Card which shall at all times remain the property of the Edcon Group.
- The Edcon Group will only market to you if you have expressly consented to receive marketing communication from us. If you chose not to receive marketing communication, we will not send to you our exciting offers, promotions and competitions.
- If you would like to apply for a the Thank U cash or account card, you will need to supply us with the required information at any service centre at any of the Edcon Group stores – including your name, surname, valid identity number or passport number, telephone or Cellphone contact number and email address. For Thank U account card applications requirements, please enquire in-store or online.
- If you apply on-line for an account card, this does not automatically mean that your application has been approved. You will receive confirmation of approval from our Financial Services team in this regard.
- In order to receive Thank U offers and promotions as well as be eligible for the monthly lucky draws, it is your responsibility to ensure that your personal and contact details are correct at all times. You must inform us of any changes to your contact details by calling the Customer Services Care Line 0800 203 925** or visiting a Customer Service Desk or Service Centre in-store.
- The Edcon Group will not reimburse you with your Thank U Points that have been redeemed or verified due to lost, stolen or damaged cards. If you lose your card, report at any Edcon Group store Customer Services Counter or Service Centre or you must call the Call Centre on 0800 203 925**. We will replace your lost, stolen or damaged card free of charge.
- he Edcon Group reserves the right to terminate the Thank U Rewards Programme at any time, subject to a 30 (thirty) calendar days’ notice period.
- Should the Edcon Group terminate the Thank U Rewards Programme for any reason whatsoever, all members will be given an opportunity to spend their Loyalty Points within 6 (six) months from date of termination of the Thank U Rewards Programme.
- Your Thank U Account card cannot be used as a credit, or gift card.
- Thank U Points may not be used for account payments (which includes, but is not limited to, Club and/or Insurance fee payments), nor be exchanged for cash or credit; and no change will be given on Thank U Points redeemed and used as a trade discount against the purchase of goods.
- Thank U Points earned on one customer’s Thank U Rewards Card may not be sold or transferred to another customer’s Thank U Rewards Card.
- Abuse of the programme entitles the Edcon Group to cancel your membership and you will forfeit any rewards Thank U Points earned. The Edcon Group reserves the right to lay criminal charges for illegal or fraudulent use of the Thank U Rewards Card or Thank U Rewards Programme.
- Participating Stores in the Edcon Group may use your purchasing information in conjunction with information about you provided by third parties that Edcon has relationships with, for market and product analysis in order to generate statistical reports for internal and external use. These reports are aggregated and will not contain any personal information that identifies you.
- Edcon Group may, with your consent, use your personal information to conduct a credit bureau check for the potential purpose of offering you an Edcon Group Store Account Card if you do not already have one.
- Customers are only permitted to obtain one Thank U Rewards Card per territory and may only earn or redeem Thank U Points in the territory in which the Thank U Rewards Card was issued.
- The Edcon Group reserves the right to direct certain promotions to a specific target group/s only. For example, Edgars may make specific offers available to certain Edgars customers only. The same applies in respect of all other Edcon T&Cs apply. Group Participating Stores.
- The Thank U Rewards Card may only be used in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Edcon Group reserves the right to make changes to the Thank U Rewards Programme and to amend these Terms and Conditions as and when they deem it necessary.
Earning Thank U Points
- Thank U Points will be earned for purchases of all-inclusive products.
- To earn Thank U Points at any Participating Store, you must hand your Thank U Rewards Card to the cashier at the till point before you pay for your purchases.
- If a Thank U Rewards Card is not presented at the time of purchase, no Thank U Points will be earned for that purchase. Thank U Points lost or forfeited due to ‘card not present’ cannot be claimed retrospectively.
- The following specific conditions apply to on-line offers: the offer does not need to be printed out to be redeemed;
- a. You need to click on the “activate” button if you wish for the Thank U Points to be allocated to your account and purchase the selected product.
- b. If you click the “activate” button but don’t purchase the product, the Thank U Points will not be allocated.
- c. If you purchase the product but you have not clicked the “activate” button, the Thank U Points will not be allocated.
- d. You must go into a Participating Store and purchase the product on offer before the Thank U Points can be allocated to your account.
- e. If the product is returned, the Thank U Points will be reversed.
Spending Thank U Points
- Once your Thank U Points balance reaches 10,000 Thank U Points, you will be able to spend your Thank U Points by presenting your Thank U Rewards Card at the point-of-sale in Participating Stores and advising the cashier you wish to use Loyalty Points as a trade discount against your cash or account purchase. Your Loyalty Points balance will be reduced by the equivalent value spent.
- Upon collecting your first 10,000 Loyalty Points (subject to the 3 (three) day period mentioned in the point above) you will be able to use your Loyalty Points as a trade discount against purchases at participating stores’ till Loyalty Points. (10,000 Thank U Points are equal to a trade discount against a future purchase of R10.00 in South Africa or the equivalent thereof in the respective territory where the Thank U Points were earned.) You are not obliged to redeem Loyalty Points upon gathering 10,000 Thank U Points. You can save as many as you wish within the Loyalty Point’s expiry period of 14 months.
- Thank U Points can be redeemed in respect of some of our in-store concession brands, but not in respect of all. To avoid disappointment, please enquire with our sales staff.
- Certain products are exempt from redemption and the Edcon Group may amend this list from time to time at its discretion – you will not be able to spend your Thank U Points on gift card purchases, airtime or cigarettes.
- Thank U Points’ balances can be viewed online if you have registered on our website. Thank U Points may take up to 3 working days to reflect on the account. Redemption of Thank U Points is subject to online system availability.
Validity of Thank U Points
- The Edcon Group reserves the right to purge the Thank U Points on any Thank U Account that has been inactive (i.e. no Thank U Points earned or redeemed) for a period of 14 (fourteen) consecutive months.
- All Thank U Points earned but not redeemed within 14 (fourteen) months will be subject to automatic expiry.
- Thank U Points attached to a lost or damaged card can be transferred to your new card providing they have not been spent (due to theft or any other means) prior to reporting the lost/damaged card and obtaining a new, replacement card. This can be done in-store at the Customer Services counter in participating stores.
- Thank U Points earned for transactions where goods are later returned, will be deducted from your Thank U Points balance on your Thank U Rewards Account.
- Thank U Points balances on delinquent accounts or account arrears will not be available for redemption or spend until such time as the account arrears have been settled in full.
- You may cancel your membership of the programme at any time by calling our Customer Services Care Line on 0800 203 925**. When exiting the programme you will forfeit any Thank U Points already earned but not yet redeemed.
- Upon death of a Member, written notification must be provided to the Edcon Group, upon receipt of which the account will be closed and the Thank U Points forfeited. This can be done at the Customer Services counter in-store.
Lucky Draw Entry selection Criteria
- This competition is open to all Thank U Rewards Cardholders, who are 18 years or older, except the employees, directors, members, partners, agents or consultants of Edcon Group Limited (“Edcon Group ”), its subsidiaries and their respective advertising and promotional agencies, media and PR agencies, as well as the immediate family members, consultants, directors and associates of such organizations and persons.
- Notwithstanding other conditions, you must be a Thank U member and have all your Card account instalments and Club premiums up to date and in good standing at the time of the draw to qualify.
- Entries into the monthly draw are awarded based on purchases made at a Participating Store with a valid Thank U Rewards Card.
- You will receive 1 (one) automatic entry when you spend up to R100.00 in South Africa or the equivalent thereof in the respective territory where the purchase occurred and receive 1 additional entry for every R100.00 additional spend or the equivalent thereof in the respective territory where the spend occurred.
- All entries are automatic based on your date of transaction. No notification will be sent confirming entries.
- Each entry will qualify for a single draw for the month in which the transaction occurred (e.g. if you received an entry for a purchase in January, you will be eligible for January’s draw). An entry is forfeited once that entry is drawn as a winner.
- Only purchase transactions where your Thank U Rewards Card is swiped will receive an entry into the prize draw. Should a purchase transaction be refunded for any reason, that entry will be disqualified.
- An entry into the draw will qualify for the corresponding draw as listed below:
- a. All entries gained between the 00:01am on the 1st and 23:59pm on the last day of each month will be entered for that month’s draw.
- b. Each draw will then take place by the 5th (fifth) working day of each month for the previous month’s entries. For example, if you received an entry on the 1st October, you will be entered into October’s draw which will take place by the fifth working day in November.
* Edgars, Edgars Active, Edgars Connect, Red Square, Boardmans, Jet, Jet Mart, CNA, Calvin
Fuel Partner Rewards Conditions
- Edcon Limited (“Edcon”) and Engen Petroleum Ltd (“Engen”) have partnered to offer all qualifying Thank U cardholders the opportunity to earn Thank U points when filling up with petrol or diesel at participating Engen QuickShop service stations (the “Promotion”).
- You will only be able to earn Thank U points when swiping your active and qualifying Thank U card or Edcon staff card at participating Engen QuickShop service stations.
- You will earn 150 Thank U points per litre of petrol or diesel purchased.
- You will not be able to:
- a. Use your Thank U card for payments of any kind at a participating Engen QuickShop service station.
- b. Use Thank U points to pay for petrol or diesel.
- c. Earn Thank U points on any other products, other than the purchase of petrol or diesel at a participating Engen QuickShop service station.
- d. Earn Thank U points on cancelled cards.
- e. Earn Thank U points on duplicated transactions.
- f. Earn Thank U points when using Engen pre-paid cards, gift cards and gift vouchers.
- g. Earn Thank U points when making payment with commercial fleet cards.
- h. Earn Thank U points for transactions at an Engen service station outside of South Africa.
- a. Swiping at the same Engen site more than 3 (three) times in a 24 (twenty four) hour period.
- b. Swiping more than 2 (two) times in an hour.
- c. Filling for more than 200 (two hundred) litres in a 24 hour period.
- d. Swiping at more than 4 (four) sites per day.
Thank U Days #thankusnapitup competition Terms and Conditions
The following information outlines the Terms and Conditions of entry into the thank U Days #thankusnapitup Competition run by Edcon thank U (“thank U or “the Promoter”). The Terms and Conditions of the competition are hosted on the thanku.co.za website and are subject to South African law. Entry into the competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Required Social Media Disclaimer:
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
- By entering the competition entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Thank U Rewards Programme (“Thank U”) is operated by Edcon Limited (“Edcon”) or its foreign subsidiaries in the respective countries.
- The relevant foreign participating Edcon subsidiaries are Edgars Stores Lesotho (Proprietary) Limited, Edgars Stores (Namibia) Limited, Edgars Stores Swaziland Limited, Jetcon Mart Ghana (Pty) Limited, Jet Supermarkets Zambia Limited and Jet Supermarkets Botswana (Proprietary) Limited. Together with Edcon, they constitute the Edcon Group.
- Thank U (“the Promoter”) is conducting this promotional competition (“the Competition”).
- This competition is open to all Thank U members of the Edcon Group (save where members in a specific territory have been specifically excluded for certain prizes), who are 18 years or older, except the employees, directors, members, partners, agents or consultants of the Edcon Group, its subsidiaries and their respective advertising and promotional agencies, media and PR agencies, as well as the immediate family members, consultants, directors and associates of such organizations and persons.
- Entries submitted via third party agents, proxies, facilitators or under assumed names will be disqualified.
- Entrants can enter the #thankusnapitup Competition only as specified in these terms and conditions.
- The winner may be required to provide the Promoter with a valid form of proof of identity as Promoter in its sole discretion requests before receipt of any prize. Failure to produce sufficient evidence as to identity may result in disqualification.
- Failure to comply with any of these terms and conditions (including instructions) will disqualify any entrant from taking part in the #thankusnapitup Competition and the entry will be invalid. The Promoter retains sole discretion to refuse entrants the right to enter if it feels that these terms and conditions are not being complied with or for any valid and justifiable reason.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner and/or amend these terms and conditions at any time in its absolute discretion.
- As part of the #thankusnapitup Competition running from the day of the 12 December 2017 to the 18 December 2017 on Facebook and Twitter to promote thank U Rewards, and more specifically, thank U days.
- To enter, entrants must post items purchased at Edgars, Jet, Edgars Active, CNA* and Boardmans on thank U day 12 December 2017. Proof of purchase may be requested to determine validity of the purchase, as well as the time and date of the purchase.
- All entries must be received during the term of the Prize Promotion by closing time of 12:59 CAT on 18 December 2017. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for network, computer hardware or software failures of any kind that may restrict the sending or receipt of an entry. Any entry received after the Closing Date will be invalid.
- To find out who has won the competition, see our website thanku.co.za and social media platforms.
- Five (5) winners will be selected at random from the entrants who have posted on their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts. The winners will be notified via DM within 3 days after the competition closes (19 December 2017).
- The Promoter’s decision in this #thankusnapitup Competition is final and legally binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winners will receive one (1) of five (5) R1000 Edcon vouchers.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute all or any part of the Prize for one of an equivalent or greater value if necessary for reasons beyond its control, and any change will be final and binding upon every person who enters the Prize.
- The Prize for this Competition will be given to the Winners as set out in these terms and conditions. The Winners must accept the Prize in that form. Under no circumstances will cash be given as an alternative. The Prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and cannot be substituted for any other prize or cash value.
- If any selected Winners are unreachable, ineligible, disqualified or fails to claim the Prize within three (3) hours of notification, that Winner automatically forfeits the Prize and a new Winner and/or Runners Up will be randomly drawn.
- The Promoter will not be held liable for the Prize if it does not reach any Winner for reasons beyond its reasonable control.
- Each Winner uses the Prize at their own risk.
- The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for any failure, liability or breach by any third party in connection with this Competition or Prize and accepts no responsibility for any loss, property damage or personal injury suffered by the Winner relating to this Competition or the Prize, except in the case of death or personal injury caused by Promoter’s negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation and, so far as permitted by law, the Promoter its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising for reasons beyond its control including any act or default of any third party supplier.
- All personal data submitted by an entrant in connection with this Competition is submitted voluntarily. All personal data collected from entrants will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of administering the Competition.
- By entering this Competition, each of the entrants agrees to the use of their name and/or likeness without compensation, for the Promoter’s promotional and marketing purposes.
- Each entrant by entering this Competition agrees to indemnify the Promoter, its agents, employees, representatives, associates, affiliates, parent and subsidiary companies against any and all claim, losses, costs, damages, liability, and expenses arising out of the entrant’s breach of any of these terms and conditions.
- Each entrant by entering this Competition expressly releases the Promoter, its affiliates, agents, employees and directors from any claim, action or demand arising out of or in connection with the Prize Promotion or their Prize if any.
Publicity and Personal Data: